We all know too well that some days we wake up and our skin just cries for extra attention! Perhaps you spent a minute too long outside without enough SPF on, or your morning workout was just too hot and irritating on your skin. Whatever it might be, we’ve got just the thing to help!
Before we get into the details, we just want to say: calming care is equally as important as moisturising the skin, and therefore using the right products and ingredients is key!
So, when do you need calming care?
Calming care is the most beneficial for, but not exclusive, to those with sensitive skin. This is because sensitive skin reacts easily to a number of factors including the weather, the products that you use and your hormones.
In what way can the skin react?
- Becomes extra sensitive
- Light irritation
- Skin peeling
When we do not take care of our skin properly, with the right products and ingredients, sensitivity and irritation can get worse.
Enter Centella Asiatica
Centella Asiatica is an incredible product known for its calming properties, and has been around the realm of skincare for a very long time. This ingredient is rich in amino acids, beta carotene, fatty acids and phytochemicals. Alongside its wonderful calming properties, this super blend of nutrients offers fantastic benefits to the skin, which includes anti-aging properties and improving circulation as well as the synthesis of collagen and skin tissue. Did you know collagen is absolutely essential for maintaining a youthful complexion?
Why do we need Centella Asiatica?
Let’s look at a few reasons why we need Centella Asiatica and why it is so good for calming the skin:
- Heals the skin: Centella Asiatica contains triterpenoids that appear to speed up the wound healing process and increase blood supply to the wounded area.
- A rising star of antioxidant care: Centella Asiatica has been noted to have great antioxidant properties. The centella asiatica leaf extract is known to have the highest level of antioxidants, and the antioxidant content protects neurons from oxidative damage.
- Improves moisture retention: Centella Asiatica helps to improve moisture-retention in the skin. Topical application of Centella Asiatica products help bolster the skin’s barrier function and strength leading up to enhancement in the skin’s ability to retain moisture rather than losing moisture.
- Great soothing ingredient: Centella Asiatica is incredible for sensitive skin and even acne prone skin because of its great soothing effect on the skin.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Centella Asiatica is full of amino acids, beta-carotene, fatty acids, and phytochemicals, including vitamin C, A, B1, and B2. The combination of these ingredients not only stimulates collagen production but also gives the skin an antimicrobial boost and anti-inflammatory benefits.
I like the sound of this! How can I add Centella Asiatica into my skincare routine?
Say hello to Klairs’ Midnight Blue Calming Cream! This wonder product has become a staple for whenever the skin feels sensitive and we want to avoid heavy moisturisers. If your skin feels irritated and in need of calming care, you can apply a generous layer of the blue cream all over your face. But if certain parts of your face, for instance, your cheeks or your forehead, feels extra sensitive and irritated, you can simply add a thick layer on top of those areas to give special care overnight. Think of it as a treatment cream rather than a moisturiser that will soak your skin with hydration. When applied, it will focus on calming and repairing your skin so that your skin can continue to function and stay healthy the next day.
We absolutely love this product and it is a true staple at OhMyGloe. We would love to know what you think of it! Leave a review here, or tag us on Instagram at @ohmygloe in your reviews!